Happy Holidays: A Time To Recharge, To Relax, And To Dream
My wish for you this Christmas is that you find a way to plant the seeds for your best year ever in 2016! Part of that process involves doing no work.
With those thoughts in mind, I would like to share with you some motivational notes from an article I wrote some years ago. Christmas time provides a marvellous opportunity to motivate, inspire, stimulate. So I can add to that mood here.
Yes, since the article below was written, much time has passed - years, however, the same ideas and opinions are yours to claim today, tomorrow, or at any time you choose. They have worked - and continue to work - for me and my loved ones; I hope such uplifting ideas help and benefit you too.
So, in the spirit of "If you know something that can help, pass it on ...", enjoy.
Persistence Is A Glue. But What About Dreams, Strategy, Rocket Fuel, And Plans?
So, during the Christmas holiday period, when your mind is de-stressed, give yourself the gift of some quiet time - alone, just you and your thoughts. Then perhaps ask yourself, what you would like to change in the coming weeks, months, and years.
Once you have decided, consider that whatever you set you mind on, wherever your focus and attention goes, life changes tend to follow closely behind - providing you persist until your outcome displays.
Furthermore, please consider the following key ideas:
- Persistence is the glue that holds your dreams together.
- Having the right strategy in place for what you want to do is the fuel for your rocket the gets you to your destination.
- With both persistence and an active ongoing personal strategy plan, outcomes are much more likely to match your aspirations.
- While nothing is certain, no guarantees can be made, such potent, considered action plans tend to get results.
Just Do it!
Here's a sobering thought: if the way you're living now is anything less than ideal, if you keep doing what you're doing now, or have been doing, ask yourself honestly, where will you be in say 1 year's time?
Or 3 in years?
In 5 years?
The answer may be, right where you are now - or perhaps considerably worse off. Why: over time, without "course corrections" and "essential maintenance", that only we must start, the natural tendency is for most life quality activity to ... degrade. But you could stem the flow of negative trends.
Few of us are better off when:
- Events not of our choosing, simply throw us into the winds of undesired change.
- We leave outcomes to chance, to form where they may.
- We roll the dice of life and hope for the best.
- We put all our hopes and dreams on "Lady Luck".
To improve the circumstances of our lives, we must first make a series of changes. Yet all better times start with a simple, subtle adjustment: a decision we take today that tomorrow is Day 1 - countdown to our own new personal success lifestyle.
Does What You Own, Also Own You?
An ideal standard of living does not have to mean 3 expensive homes, 4 cars, a stash of jewels, and millions in the bank.
Some surprising, unsettling truths. Consider:
- Beyond a certain point of riches, what you get to own, also owns you.
- The more stuff you possess, the more time you may feel you need to devote to protecting your assets. There comes a point when you can lose some freedom or become a prisoner of your own riches.
- When the toys we crave rob us of time that we could otherwise spend on other preferable activities, who is the true owner of what we have?
- The more you have, the more parties exist that are constantly seeking new and ever imaginative ways to separate you from what you own. Sometimes, you may feel that so many people want a piece of you.
However, the "trick" to avoid such traps and still maintain a high quality of life is to:
- Find the sweet spot or work out how to simply generate sufficient income for your needs.
Some people who subscribe to this view need only work only 3 or 4 months, or less, in each year, to finance their preferred lifestyle.
Tapping Into Quiet Powers
You, and you alone, get to decide the lifestyle you seek. Not your boss, your government, your spouse, family, friends, or strangers.
Yet, here at InternetTIPS.com, we think the universe has many secrets and mysteries still to reveal. For example, I've come to believe there may be a mysterious, invisible power in existence that each of us is free to tap into whenever we make up our mind to listen to that still, small voice inside.
Not easy when the noise of modern life can be deafening sometimes. Tragically, or purposely, some of us have to broken and battered before we can hear that voice deep in our own minds.
That power seems to say:
- Life wants you to succeed in whatever positive change you want to make in your life!
However, there are some catches. To jump start your own personal power generator, the following conditions and effects seem to apply:
- You must make the first move. Why: your life, your choice.
- You must genuinely want the change you seek. Words are easy: heart, desire, and emotion have more value at times like these. There will be time enough for energy and zest.
- Following through is more involved: follow-through is essential.
- If you still earnestly decide to commit to the conditions and requirements above, you'll soon meet with your first setbacks linked to your new course of action - to test your true mettle or level of commitment. Why: you have to mean the promise you make to yourself. A few barriers help color your path.
- Later, you'll have some more hurdles to overcome. Stay with goals. My recommendation: step by step, inch by inch, is your mantra. Remember: little things mean a lot.
Overcoming Our Biggest Difficulties
So why is making such remarkable changes so difficult?
Problem is, most of the time, we get in our own way, hampering our own success through the fear of change and in making new commitments, so we create excuses to let ourselves "off the hook."
I can't prove that to you like a mathematician demonstrates a mathematical formula. What I can say is that I've seen this reality in many of those people who succeed at what they really want in life ...
... they just know it!
They behave as the success they seek has already happened; as if their dream is a forgone conclusion, for them!
I'm not suggesting you adopt a "Fake it until you make it" mentality. Rather, it's about planting a mind seed: a deep personal self-belief that your plant is going to emerge as a beautiful flower.
The doers who share these ideas simply do the steps necessary to meet their goals in a setting of relaxed discipline. Hiccups, stumbling blocks, hurdles, drawbacks, problems, and setbacks, are all simply part of the natural process to completion. This is the game of life, played and won.
Annoyances and irritations will emerge, yes, but how we react to these goblins makes all the difference.
- Key point 1: some problems no longer remain problems when we change how we look at them. Other drawbacks can turn out later as the best possible outcome at that time - although perhaps we may not appreciate such insights while struggling through a swamp of frustration.
- Key point 2: step-by-step - that's the secret! Break a problem down into little chunks and just start chipping away; just begin! Deal with it chunk by chunk, step-by-step. Surprises are guaranteed!
Watching And Waiting For Better Times
As progress is made, watch and wait for time to catch up and display the outcome. Almost magical is a fair description.
To start off on your road to a new personal success lifestyle, here's a simple suggestion. Why not make a commitment to change something that you don't like about yourself? Perhaps choose something that is getting your attention in some way. Ask yourself - that is, the greater power that is within you, your real self and that which is within all of us - key questions like:
- "Is this all that I am?"
Remember: you taking the time to read this article proves that you've already been through much. How do I know? Simple: you would not have read this far if I had not made sufficient impression, or "struck a chord" that makes some kind of sense to you.
Even better, as with all we humans, you have hidden layers, potentials untapped, perhaps even undiscovered within your conscious mind.
Want to discover more? Then, just believe in yourself! Yes. You. Can.
This is not "pie-in-the-sky"; rather, desire, determination, relaxed unremitting focus, provide a potent mix that leads to real, practical and do-able beneficial changes.
Signs Of Sunny Days And The Power Of Self-Belief
Perhaps amid quiet moments, with all the nonsensical distractions and frustrations of modern life temporarily removed, sometimes, I wonder if, deep down, whether most people really know that they have a greater self within them.
Sometimes, during key events or moments in our lives - especially when we're most happy or when we achieve something that we previously thought was impossible - for us - we catch glimpses of that greater self.
But then, the mundane trivialities of life have a habit of getting in the way don't they? Consider:
- Without doubt, we can get distracted easily.
- Sometimes, we forget key things that we might have paid dearly to learn.
- Especially in times of stress, we can let our emotions rule: anger, jealousy, hatred.
And we then settle down and get on with doing mediocre things - usually based on what we think other people expect of us!
- We are what we want most to be!
- We become what we most want to become!
- What we think about most tends to dominate our lives!
- How we think can determine key outcomes.
Think that we'll fail? Then we probably will fail.
Think that we might just win? And we probably will.
Say to that quiet still voice within yourself (and really believe) that you ARE going to achieve your goal. When starting off, yes, we have missteps. Yet we can pick ourselves up and move forward, as many times as our own personal battle requires. The only way to fail at anything - ever - is to give up. So don't give up.
- Fall or fail, then pick yourself up.
- Forget self-judgement. Instead, look for the learning points when you tripped up. What can we learn?
- Measure your progress.
- Ask for help.
- Work - is one of the best 4-letter words I know.
- You can choose to appreciate your gains and be grateful for successes.
- Share something with others - just give it away, and watch the ebb and flow of life at work. Of giving and receiving - and you can graciously receive the comeback. I can almost guarantee, rewards often are not where we expect them to be, but gain you can experience abundantly.
When you cut away the weeds, those 7 ideas above provide an essence, a core, a central plan.
Summer, In December, In The Highlands Of Scotland!
When I originally wrote this article, I said:
"Summer is in its stunning, color-blazing glory here on the Island of Skye in Scotland, but I can choose to stop and appreciate this majestic, wild, natural beauty - and enjoy lazy chats with the locals whenever the desire comes to the fore. Why: because I have regained control of my life through writing and creating a web-based lifestyle".
And they call this work! I enjoy writing, working with computers and helping people from all walks of life change their lives using the web: that's what I most want to be and that's why I'm doing what I do today. It's fun and it's a way of life that brings in the gains.
Maybe, if you give yourself a chance, you too might enjoy the web writing game?
Look in a mirror and ask: do you want more than this - the way your life is now?
Consider putting these questions and affirmations to yourself?
- Do I really want the freedom to choose how I live; the hours I work?
- Do I really want to improve my life; to make a change for the better?
- Do I want to earn a sufficient amount of money to meet my / our needs?
Make an earnest promise - a solemn personal pledge:
"I'm going to change my outlook today and open my mind to learn new things and make my life better, whatever my age, level of education, race, creed, color, and so on - none of these perceived barriers are really relevant to my own success - a "space" that is simply waiting for me to grow into - and which nobody else can borrow or steal, because even if they copy what I do, it simply won't work for them for it's a personal signature written in time."
Tell yourself the "Key Realities":
- I know that I deserve more than this.
- I take responsibility for who I am now, my past mistakes and successes equally.
- I absolve myself and everyone else for my own mistakes and failures.
- I know I have a right to an abundant life.
- I'm just going to do it! Step by step, asking for help when I need it.
- I'm not going to worry about what if this happens, or if this or that doesn't work out - these are just little bumps in the road to a better life.
Step-By-Step: The Simple Secret Of The Ages
You can start investing in your future today - everything that has real value has a cost, an investment - that's why it has value:
Life wants you to succeed in whatever it is you want to do or change in your life!
And keeping smiling as you create the life you've always wanted.
Just do it!
Getting In The Christmas Mood With Some Traditional Christmas Carols
Please wait a few seconds for the music tracks below to load into your web browser. Then enjoy.
We Wish You Merry Christmas
Hark The Herald Angels Sing
Joy To The World
When your Christmas holidays are over, you can still come back to this page at any time and enjoy some sounds and echoes of Christmases gone by.