Your new web page created within minutes:Within this detailed, feature-packed 3-part article, we have covered the topic in depth. Nevertheless, you can create a minimal article or web page in Joomla using only 4 easy steps: (1) add your web page title, (2) add body text paragraphs for your article, (3) choose a category, (4) save your article. That's how you can create a basic web page within 5 minutes.
Creating Remarkable Web Pages That Serve People And Search Engines Requires More Input
While 4 quick and easy steps is nice, more thought gets better results.
So consider, what value do you, your users, clients, customers, or search engines, place on web page quality? I suggest:
- Paying attention to details, plus ...
- Using care in execution, and ...
- Applying know-how ...
... are the key components in what can make the difference between a mediocre web page and a great web page.
That's why this more detailed, 3-part article is packed with extra hints, tips, techniques, and short-cuts, especially useful for those who choose to create beautiful, engaging, search engine friendly Joomla web pages.
If we want better results, appreciate that we must first put in the work required. We do whatever the task calls for, and we can learn to do our work well.
That approach takes more effort. Yet with some familiarity, you can be creating web pages faster than you expect. The real goal is to practice the steps required, so that you can focus most of your efforts on your writing, thinking, and crafting web content for your users.
This article is in 3 parts. You're currently on page 1 of 3:
- How To Create Web Pages In Joomla 2.5 - Page 1 of 3.
- How To Create Web Pages In Joomla 2.5 - Page 2 of 3.
- How To Create Web Pages In Joomla 2.5 - Page 3 of 3.
Handy tip: while below, I have split the process into 3 articles, when you repeat the process a few times, your speed will increase. With preparation, regular practice, and including your own short-cut ways of completing your goals, you can create a new article in under an hour.
With confident mastery of your topic, you may even complete the writing of a new content page in minutes. Though I suggest, focus on quality first and foremost; if you persist, speed usually comes naturally later.
In today's digitally rich world, if you can learn how to create "clean", people friendly and search engine friendly web page articles, you can become a King or Queen of whatever you want to share on-line. When writing, focus on providing value first and foremost; rewards can come later.
Great thing is, being King or Queen on-line has nothing to do with birthright. You only need:
- A PC, Mac, tablet device, or even just a smart phone.
- A website to publish to. In this article, we refer to Joomla because of its mobile friendly technical prowess, awesome power, stability, expandability, amazing support, and flexibility. You can use Joomla to create blogs, full business websites, on-line shops, personal websites, discussion forums, writer / author websites, and much more.
- Some essential skills.
- Something unique worth sharing that helps someone you'll probably never meet to: (a) do something better, or (b) solve their problem, right now, or (c) help them get started on a new path.
The Article Creation Process in Joomla
We can create web pages quickly, or we can build them properly. In this guide, we'll choose the second method and focus on quality, accomplishment, accuracy. That's why, sometimes, an in-depth explanation or tutorial is called for.
I suggest do read the material below carefully, study the content, make your own notes, re-examine as necessary, and maybe save this page to your computer or web access device for easy access and reference later.
Or, as you work on your own website pages, you can simply open this web page in a second browser tab, as you work through the various points outlined below.
If you know the basics of your current website system, you can work out how to apply the same guidelines suggested in this guide, to your website system.
We have a lot to cover, so let's get busy.
Welcome People And Search Engines Equally
The most important point in this guide is: when we create content for our websites, if we write for people only, we lose! Why: search engines are visitors too.
If we think all we need do is create words, pictures, videos, we're missing out on so much help that could be available to us if we can just keep in mind two things at the same time.
Why? Today, we have at least two types of visitor: people and search engines. Both are equally important. If your web page talks the language of search engines, those same search engines can send more visitors to your website.
What's more, we don't need to be a rocket scientist to focus on those two things. We just need: smart tools, careful setup, and the simple act of writing material that is of value to both people and search engines.
- Scan or read our website content.
- Follow us on-line in various ways: Google+, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Recommend our articles to others.
Quick tip: expect better times, always: the kindness of strangers is one of the most surprising and remarkable things you can encounter in your life.
- Buy our products and services. If we solve their problem or make their lives better, we can expect orders.
- Hopefully, keep coming back to invest in the solutions we may offer.
However, search engines:
- Also want to know what our web pages are about. Search engine software is getting more sophisticated every day.
- Can help index our web pages, and through indexing, publicize more of what we may publish on-line.
Key tip: to get indexed properly, our websites need to be well constructed, and designed to serve the mobile web, tablet devices, desktop computers, Internet televisions. That may seem incredibly hard to do, yet with the right foundations, meeting those goals is easy today. Why: because remarkable technical engineers and geniuses have already solved all of the key problems, and more, allowing us to stand on the shoulders of giants and use their superb web solutions.
- May only be able to help us, if: (a) they can understand our web pages properly, and (b) we don't break their submission rules. Each search engine is a guest you invite into your house online. For best results, treat all of your online guests with great consideration and respect, and most everything related to web promotion starts getting easier.
Don't be afraid of the Big Bad Wolf; instead be nice to a bot near you and you just might get a nice surprise.