Is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Necessary Today?
Search Engine Optimization is concerned with the process of optimizing your website to be mindful of search engine requirements and preferences. When creating your website, remember:
- SEO helps you tap into the power and reach of powerful search engines and web directories.
- Consider Google, Bing, and Yahoo search engines, plus any other web indexes that focus on markets that are important for your website theme.
- While Google may still be most important for conventional web search, Bing is developing a growing strength within the social media search markets: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and so on.
- SEO should become an important component in your overall website design.
- If you are not yet using a web template that is optimized for search engines, then I suggest you do so as soon as possible.
Perfect Your Best Website Recipe
While SEO is an excellent key component of your overall web strategy, to create successful website content, consider, the 4 key ingredients of a great website recipe:
- People: choose our products and services, and ultimately help us thrive in business.
- Search engines: can help us find more visitors when we pay attention to their requirements and help them create great web indexes.
- The mobile web: ideally, ensure that your website uses Responsive Web Design (RWD) techniques, either from new, or through an upgrade. A RWD-based website should automatically adjust itself for best display and presentation for each visitor, whether they are using a desktop PC or Apple Mac, an iPad or other tablet computer, or an iPhone or other smart phone
- Search keywords: that people use to find your web pages. Keywords are what people use to find web pages like yours. A keyword can be a single word or a short phrase.
Your Website Hyperlinks
Make sure all of your links work as intended or expected. As a website grows, naturally the number of links grows too, so this task can sometimes be more challenging. But software tools like SEO Spider from ScreamingFrog.co.uk can help you locate and fix problems more easily.
Website Content Management Systems
Consider using an "open source" web Content Management System (CMS) like Joomla or WordPress to help you build and grow your website. You'll create and manage your website content yourself, learning and perfecting valuable skills, and publishing regularly on the web when you're ready. That's why we use the more powerful Joomla to handle most of our website functionality.
Combine a powerful web CMS like Joomla with an attractive web design, focused on the needs of your visitors and customers, and you'll have the ideal launch pad to a profitable web business.