- Website Terms and Conditions.
- Website Design Terms and Conditions.
- Writing and Copywriting Terms and Conditions and ...
- Accessibility Statement.
(1) What kinds of information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
(b) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including pages you may access in the registered user and member areas of this website)
(c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
(d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and / or newsletters;
(e) information that you provide to us for the purpose of becoming a paid member of this website;
(e) any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie is a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer's hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the web site's usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognize your computer when you visit our website, and to personalize our website for you. If we choose to partner with advertisers, our advertisers may also send you cookies.
At present, Joomla automatically installs a cookie into your web browser as soon as you visit this website. Using cookies allows us to provide friendly, personalized welcome messages when you log in or keep track of any items you may have in a shopping cart.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer, with the main toolbar displayed, you can refuse all cookies by clicking: "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. This choice will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including InternetTIPS.com. If you choose not to accept our cookies, please do not use this website.
The following links provide information on how to enable or disable cookies using a web browser:
- Mozilla Firefox.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 9.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 7 and 8.
- Google Chrome.
- Apple Safari (OS X) (Apple Mac, etc).
- Apple Safari (IOS) (iPhone, iPad).
- Google Android.
You can learn more about cookies at AboutCookies.org.
Below is a list of cookies that we currently use on this website at the time of writing this update:
- __cfduid = cookie name. Cookie comes from the CloudFlare Content Delivery Network (CDN). Duration of cookie: 1 year.
- 80eed9c8316fd081c9689cfd0b41a4c0 = cookie name. Cookie comes from the Joomla web content management system. Cookie expires at end of current user session.
- cookiesDirective = name. Cookie is associated with: cookiesDirective.js, to help comply with the EU Cookies Directive. Cookie average duration: 1 year.
Currently, even if you choose not to display cookies, essential cookies are still loaded in order to power the cookie control feature. However, you are always free to turn off cookies in your web browser at any time using the instructions provided in the links above, though this website may not then function properly. Future updates may change these conditions.
The information above is believed to be true at the time of writing this update and is provided in good faith.
(3) Using your personal data
- (a) administer the website;
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- (c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
- (d) make available general polls or surveys. Our online surveys may ask visitors for contact information (like their email address) and demographic information (like their zip or post code, age, or income level). Any specific information we store relates only to that contained in opt-in informational surveys, or to accept email registrations to - for example - subscribe to our e-zines or newsletters. The purpose of these surveys or registrations is clearly stated to visitors before we accept any volunteered information. We may use contact data from our surveys to send you information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice / opt-out section below.
- (e) Run contests on our site in which we ask visitors for contact information (like their email address). The customer's contact information is used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
- (f) send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website. Financial information that is collected is used to check users' qualifications.
- (g) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- (h) send you general (non-marketing) and commercial communications;
- (i) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- (j) send to you our newsletter(s) and other marketing communications, relating to our business, or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties, which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. We use double-opt-in email verification technology to confirm that you have opted in to receive the communications that you have selected. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at: office (at) internettips (dot) com. Replace (at) with "@" and (dot) with a full-stop (.).
- (k) provide third parties with statistical information about our users, but this information will not be used to identify any individual user. For example, we use a Content Delivery Network (CDN) provided by Cloudflare.net, who may record visitor information to learn about trends, interests, etc. Usually, this information is generic in nature, with no individual tracking features.
- (l) deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice / opt-out section below.
(4) Other disclosures
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
(5) International data transfers
(6) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store personal information you provide on our secure servers.
All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted, usually using SSL or TLS technology, or equivalent. Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Nevertheless, we have taken steps to help make accessing and using InternetTIPS.com safer. How: you can now connect to InternetTIPS.com using https:// instead of http://. Remember, the "s" stands for secure. So when using https://www.internettips.com, your access to InternetTIPS.com is encrypted.
In addition, InternetTIPS.com now also makes use of HTTP/2 - the faster version of the web. HTTP/2 helps ensure that web pages from InternetTIPS.com load more quickly in your web browser, whether you are at home, at work, or using a mobile devices, like a smart phone, phablet, or tablet computer.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password, but may provide the means for you to retrieve your own password and / or username yourself, using information that you may have originally provided when you registered with us.
Although we take great care to protect access to our website, we do not have any control over any parties that may gain access to our website without our permission for the purpose of collecting email addresses and other data in order to make commercial gain from such actions.
InternetTIPS.com Admin is currently based in the UK, whilst the server on which our website is hosted may at any time be based in the UK, EU, USA, and / or Canada. We keep all information in our database(s) in-house on standalone, encrypted computers; regular backups are made at multiple locations, encrypted again, and password-protected with complex unique passwords that may get changed randomly and / or regularly to boost security even further.
(7) Public areas
This website uses and may link to public areas like newsgroups, discussion forums, chat rooms and so on. Any information sent to these public areas is not controlled or filtered and so is available to the public as is.
Remember to consider carefully the consequences of whether to reveal personal information in these public areas. InternetTIPS.com is not responsible in any way for any consequences that may result of anyone using these public areas.
(8) Age restriction
To access and use this website, you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. If you are under eighteen years of age, you are not allowed to use or access this website. There are no exceptions.
(9) Children's privacy and usage disclaimer
Because the use and access of this website has age restrictions (see Section 8: Age restriction), no information that may be sourced from this website relates to the Child Online Privacy Act (COPA) and therefore, this website is not monitored to that effect.
InternetTIPS.com is committed to ensuring the details of children are private, under the US, 1998, C.O.P.P.A. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. The 1998 C.O.P.P.A. Act states that websites are not allowed to collect private information from children under the age of 13, without written permission from a child's parents or guardians.
InternetTIPS.com is intended for people in the general public who are over 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13, without the express permission of parents or guardians.
If you are a parent or guardian who finds that your child has given private information while using parts of InternetTIPS.com, you can request that this information be destroyed by emailing privacy (at) internettips (dot) com. Replace (at) with "@" and (dot) with a full-stop (.). If we learn that we have personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete the relevant information from our website and storage systems.
Websites maintained by InternetTIPS.com may have links to other websites which give additional information or resources, which are provided for the convenience of the user. These websites are publicly available on the World Wide Web; they may sometimes contain material or links to web sites that are objectionable to some of our visitors.
While InternetTIPS.com does attempt to review sites for appropriate content; we have no control over the information on other websites; nor does linking imply our endorsement. InternetTIPS.com strongly urges parents to monitor children's usage of the web.
(11) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00 sterling).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email, to office (at) internettips (dot) com, at any time. Replace (at) with "@" and (dot) with a full-stop (.).
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
Any individual has the right to complain to the ICO at https://ico.org.uk if they think there is a problem with the way we are handling their data.
We would like to send you information about our products and services which we think may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. At any time, you have a right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us and let us know your instructions.
(12) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(13) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
(14) Entire Agreement
Point (27) in our Website terms and conditions outlines our entire agreement with you.
(15) Choice / Opt-Out
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners. This site gives users the option to have their information removed from our database to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service. You can send email with your request to: support (at) internettips (dot) com. Replace (at) with "@" and (dot) with a full-stop (.).