Smart, intuitive search engines, like those from Google, are constantly perfecting better ways to understand and define web pages more accurately. Microdata are special codes added to web pages that search engine software can use to gain deeper insights on what a web page is really about. Yet, at the time of writing, only 20% of web pages use schema.org microdata, so 80% of web pages are being disadvantaged. Would you like Microdata installed into your Joomla website to significantly increase its value to search engines?
Today, true, intuitive understanding of each web page by tools that search engines use is still crucial to gaining accurate rankings. As more search engines are using machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques, web page accuracy and attention to detail can only help benefit your web promotion story, if you act. That's where Microdata and Schema tags can help. Here's Why.
More About Microdata Schema Tags
Microdata Schema tags or codes are normally invisible to humans yet are highly visible to search engines. Smart search engines consume invisible machine-readable Microdata to decode web page intelligence into a language that search engines can understand.
Handy tip: as search engines seek to define web pages ever more accurately, and our world becomes more complex, machine-readable web page formats may become essential sooner rather than later. Arguably, "normal" web page markup code — those pages without Microdata Schema tags — cannot yet provide sufficient information to search engines, to cover all the various types of web page content available today.
Beyond just data, improved perception of web pages within search engines, can create:
- (a) increased interest that uses different indexing methods;
- (b) change, and ...
- (c) a growth in movement that can benefit website providers in today's especially challenging web business landscape.
Neverthless, do remember: adding Microdata Schema tags to your web pages, is no guarantee that your website ranking will improve directly as a result. For that, we need to create better web pages, build in more value, engage with greater numbers of people online, start beneficial, machine readable "conversations", and more.
In addition also, sometimes, a little good luck combined with "The kindness of strangers" can help too.
However, most important: the presence of Microdata Schema tags can create an increased click-through rate on our web pages. Click-through rate is machine-measurable so is used as a ranking signal, and better click-through rates are naturally desirable for anyone seeking more sales, or increased positive publicity on the web.
In addition, Microdata Schema tags can help us all improve by providing better ways for search engines to scan our pages correctly.
Keep reading to discover how you can benefit from Microdata, without needing to know much about Microdata Schema tags, yet leverage a small investment into bigger value.
Are Microdata, Schema Tags, Rich Snippets, Structured Data, Different Names For the Same Thing?
The short answer is no, Microdata, Schema tags, Rich Snippets, and Structured data are not just different labels for the same item. However, they are related topics — with some overlap.
Nevertheless, people often use the terms Microdata, Schema tags, or Rich Snippets to refer to the service topics outlined on this page. So here, we'll focus on basic descriptions and more importantly, the benefits available to website owners when using Microdata Schema tags, rather than on complex definitions.
You can test for the presence of Microdata Schemas within a web page using the Google Structured Data Testing Tool, and from within Google Search Console / Webmaster Tools. We have embedded Microdata Schema tags throughout InternetTIPS.com, so test away.
Why Should I Bother Adding Microdata To My Website?
The short answer is: to win.
If web page content is King, Microdata can be considered Queen! Recent changes at Google suggest that we should pay ever closer attention to how our web pages are created and presented today, more than ever before!
If we add Microdata to our web pages, search engines can more easily understand what each page is about. When search engines understand our web pages better — and require less effort to index — they can provide clearer explanations of what our web pages truly mean, while at the same time, help save search engines some processing power.
Do you want to rely on keywords alone? My suggestion: that's a bad idea! Today, I suggest, that you need more. Much more.
Some people have said to me: "Brian, why should I help search engines?"
Below are 3 good reasons why you should do all you can to help a search engine near you:
- Search engines are already helping us by listing our pages in their search indexes free of cost. Therefore, it's nice to do something helpful for them in return. Maybe there's a web version of karma. If yes, then making your contribution makes sense.
- By helping search engines to better understand our pages, we are also speeding up the search indexing process by reducing the time needed to scan each page. Search engines have a limited amount of time and technical resources to invest in learning about each website. If a process takes too long, or you make the task too hard, search engine scanning robots may simply give up and just move on to the next website. If we help speed up the indexing process, make the action better, clearer, in the time available, more of our web pages and website content may get indexed and included within search engines. More pages indexed, means more opportunities to connect with people on the web.
- If as end users, we can help speed up the indexing of our own websites, search engines could spend less time "processing" our websites, and therefore, perhaps, use less electricity, maybe leading to fewer carbon emissions. Who would have thought that even adding Microdata to our websites can help reduce global warming?
So if we help search engines, we also help ourselves too — sometimes dramatically in multiple ways!
However, There's A Problem When Working With Microdata, Schema Tags, Rich Snippets
Until recently, adding Microdata to websites, so that the Microdata tags are automatically applied both to existing web pages, especially e-commerce web shop pages, and to any new standard web pages that we create, for people who are not web developers, the process was and still is, particularly hard, tricky, time consuming, and expensive.
If your Joomla website is, like ours here, using the remarkable, incredibly powerful Joomla Content Creation Kit (CCK) K2 Component, courtesy of those wonderful folks at JoomlaWorks.net, previously, your costs could be even higher!
However, now you can save money, and harvest your investment ongoing — maybe even for years to come.
Key tip: rarely is anything technical as simple as we may think at first glance. However, with some time spent learning, testing, and repeated application, we can perfect how to overcome such obstacles, create new solutions, and still help others too.
Here at InternetTIPS.com, with the latest websites we create for our customers, clients, and ourselves, we can now also include the Microdata Schema tags to both Joomla web pages and to Joomla K2 web pages.
The most cost effective way for us to offer built-in website Microdata functionality is to purchase a new website directly from us, as this option allows us to embed these features when building your website from the start — or as part of an upgrade — using the latest technologies available at the time or your order (in addition to hundreds of other desriable features too).
If you're not yet ready for a new website, or an upgrade, or even if you haven't purchased your existing website from us, no problem: we're here to serve, and we still want to help you update your Joomla website too and benefit from Microdata Schema tags.
New Service Now Available Especially Ideal for Joomla v2.5 and Joomla v3 Websites
As of Joomla v3.2.xx, Joomla started including some key parts of the Microdata range into the core Joomla web content management system. Nevertheless, depending on how your Joomla v3.xx website is created, you may still be required to configure some items to activate these features.
However, great Components like Joomla K2, or earlier versions of Joomla, are not yet included for Microdata by default. Also, Joomla v2.5.xx websites still need some extra help to configure for Microdata and Schema tags. That's where InternetTIPS.com can help.
Do you want Schema tags installed into your website to benefit both existing web pages and new web pages?
For approximately only $375, we can install up to 5 individual Microdata / Schema tokens into your Joomla website template, that will apply to your existing web site articles, and / or blog entries, and maybe other pages too.
A tag is one individual item, whereas a token is a placeholder that automatically updates every relevant page on the website front end.
To get a better idea of the value you can create with Microdata, consider the following examples:
- If your website has 50 suitable content pages to which Microdata Schema tags can be added, with 5 Microdata Schema tokens inserted correctly, you will then have 50 x 5 = 250 Microdata Schema tags embedded into your website, working 24 / 7 / 365. Any new pages you create, can also then automatically display the relevant Microdata Schema tags to search engines.
- if you have a website with about 100 such web pages, with 5 Microdata Schema tokens, you'll have 500 Microdata Schema tag instances embedded into your website. Keep adding new content and your Microdata Schema tag count keeps increasing.
- If you have 500 such web pages, with only 5 Microdata Schema tokens inserted, you'll then have 2,500 Microdata Schema tag instances, working hard to help you build your website impact.
- If you have more than 500 such pages, you can do the math. The more web pages you have with Microdata Schema tags correctly installed, the more you can benefit!
Are You Starting To Appreciate The Awesome Value Of Microdata Schema Tags?
Remember, with embedded Microdata Schema tags, as you add more content pages to your website, your Microdata content keeps growing too!
Microdata Schema tags are like a bank account that earns real interest on your savings, and that together, just keeps growing adding more intrinsic value.
If you write articles, or have a blog, you can have your Microdata tags appear on all:
- Existing articles, blog entries, and more, plus,
- New articles, blog entries, and other web pages, that you create, from the moment your Microdata Schema upgrade is complete.
No Longer Do You Need To Install Microdata Schemas Manually Page-By-Page
Adding Microdata Schema tags individually one by one is not an ideal way to carry out this kind of enhancement. Today, that approach is costly, expensive, wasteful, old-fashioned, out of date. If you're doing that now, you're most likely working harder than you need.
A better plan: once one or more Microdata entries are properly installed into your template pages using our method based on tokens, you can benefit from that point in time going forward, reaping the rewards for years to come, without any further intervention.
How To Order Microdata / Schema Tags Installation For Your Joomla Website
To get started and to confirm your order:
- First, we will need to double-check your website. We don't cover all types of website, and won't accept your order until we know we can fulfil our obligation to you properly. So contact Brian today using the button below and let's talk.
- Once we are sure we can help you properly, we will send your invoice using our safe and secure (https://) client invoicing service, from which you can also log into your account securely at any time, and download a PDF copy of your invoice. Your payment by credit card or PayPal will be verified by a world leading payment authority.
- On receipt of completed payment, we will schedule your update to be complete usually within 5 business days.
If you want more Microdata Schema tags installed, no problem: we can provide more details once we understand more about the website you want updated. Contact Brian using button below.
Installing Microdata Schema Tags Into Older Joomla Website Versions
If you have a Joomla v2.5.xx website, a Joomla v1.5.xx web site, or even an earlier Joomla v1.xx website — please contact Brian to discuss options and how we can help you too.
Your Microdata Schema Tag Install Order
When you hire me to help you improve your web site, I will bring to bear over 60,000 active hours spent testing, perfecting, writing and creating high quality, performing, search engine optimized websites, web pages and articles — including working with Microdata Schema tags. If you want better results, contact me today. Let's get started!
Here's how you can help us get back to you.
- Click or touch the button below:
Subscribe To Allow Us To Communicate
(European Union General Data Protection Regulation states we must have your permission before we can communicate). If you have already subscribed, you can skip this Step 01.
- Click or touch the button below to email us:
Contact Brian By Email
- Schema tags / Schemas. (Schema.org is a collaborative project from Google, Yahoo!, Bing and Yandex).
- About Microformats from Wikipedia via Wikiwand.com.
- More About Microdata from Google.
- Google Structured Data Testing Tool.